Information we may collect and why we collect when you use our service
The information we collect when you use our services can be divided into two types:
- "Sample" or "Samples", this is the file(s) you upload for analyzing.
- "Personal information", this include:
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks (including IP address, browser characteristics, device ID and characteristics, hardware model, operating system version, system language, and preferences).
- Details about Internet or network usage (including URLs or domain names of websites you visit, referral URL, standard HTTP request headers, or traffic data).
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our service, including using data to improve and personalize your experiences and conduct security research and trend analysis. For example, we need to store some personal information to help users who mistakenly upload samples and want to delete them later.
Information we may share with third-party
Our policy regarding sharing information with third-party is based on the types of information we collect.
- For the Sample, as stated in our "Terms of Services", you give up and transfer all the rights of the sample to us. We may use the samples for various research and testing efforts. Also, the Samples may be stored and shared with the security community, expecting it to lead to a safer internet and better end-user protection.
- For Personal information, we do NOT share your personal information with any third party except in the following circumstances:
- With your consent
- To enforce our terms and conditions, such as to protect our operations, rights, privacy, security, and safety
- Required by law or to respond to legal process
NOTE: You should not upload files or any contents at edgespot.io if you do not have authority to or you do not want to share it.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and members of the information security industry. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy, for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Last Updated: October 22, 2018